Taghdis, Susan and Mafakheri,Ali. The Snowman and The Sun. Tiny Owl, 2015, pp24, £7.99. 978-1910328101
A snowman wonders what will happen as the sun heats up. And soon it melts – but what happens next (which we know to be part of the water cycle!) is illustrated simply and effectively by Mafakheri. Sharing this story at bedtime would be a lovely way of reminding children that not everything lasts forever, and with loss will eventually come some form of gain. The book would not be out of place in the EYFS classroom either.
Buy this book from here.
visit our bookstore please click here.
More to read about The Snowman and the Sun:
- The Snowman and the Sun as reviewed by Jill Bennett- Link
- The Snowman and the Sun as reviewed by Parents in Touch- Link
- “A simple story with profound depth”- Armadillo- Link
- Details make a huge difference in the story- A blog post- Link
- magical illustrations of tiny Owl Books- A feedback from our readers- Link
- “Tiny Owl is a brilliant new publisher to watch out for”- Dolphin Booksellers- Link
- A wonderful event- A report- Link
- A life lesson through a story- A blog post- Link
- A piece by the Guardian family reviewers, Link.
- The Snowman’s chattiness is beautifully complemented by the illustrations. Link
- A review by Let Them Be Small blog. Link
- The magical shape shifting of a snowman. A review by IBBY Link. Link