The Snowman and the Sun
£7.99 £5.99 (paperback)
The Snowman and the Sun is a simple and charming story that teaches young children about the water cycle.
Where does a snowman go when he melts? Where does he go when the sun shines bright and hot? Does he go far away? And will he ever come back? The Snowman and the Sun is a modern-day fable about how our attachments to people and things live on, though they change and sometimes disappear.
New Books 1 bundle
Last: The Story of a White Rhino, Where's Baby Elephant? (hardback) and The Snowman and the Sun
Discover fun book activities
Download a free poster with beautiful artwork from this book!
Watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Susan Taghdis was born in 1959 in Shiraz. She began her career as a writer by publishing her first story in Keyhan Bacheha Magazine. Susan Taghdis has been a founder of the Iranian Association of Writers for Children and Youth and has also been a board member. Taghdis has tried her hand in various fields including reporting, journalism, script writing, etc. She has also composed poetry for children. However, the activity that Taghdis is known for is writing stories for preschoolers and children.
Ali Mafakheri was born in Tehran, Iran in 1971. He has exhibited his media works at galleries in Tehran, Paris, Grenoble and Geneva. His illustrations for over 40 children's books have been published in Tehran, Iran and exhibited internationally. Mafakheri lives in Tehran and Paris.
Read more about The Snowman and the Sun:
- Read a review: The Snowman and the Sun is BookTrust’s BOOK OF THE DAY!
- Read a blog: The Snowman and the Sun is perfect for budding geographers!
- Watch: The Snowman and the Sun is the perfect book to snuggle up and read with little ones!
- Read a review: The Snowman and the Sun shows how relationships can live on
- Watch: The Snowman and the Sun trailer
- Download: The Snowman and the Sun activity pack
- Read: The Snowman and the Sun is Discover Story Centre’s BOOK OF THE MONTH!
- Read a review: The Snowman and the Sun is a thoughtful and existential read! – Mary Roche
- Read a review: This a must-read to enliven any primary school’s science curriculum – Library Girl & Book Boy
- Read: The Snowman and the Sun is full of positive energy! – Scope for Imagination
- Read: Learn from The Snowman and the Sun without even realising – Rhymes for Little Minds
- Read: The Snowman and the Sun is full of positive energy – Scope for Imagination
- Read a review: Introduce the water cycle to little ones – Play_Adventures_Fun
- Read a review: The Snowman and the Sun is a sensitive reflection on the question of change – A Library Lady
- Read a review: Perfect to share with my little girl – PictureBookPerfect
- Read a review: A very clever book introducing our little people to the concept of the water cycle – Little Preene Readers
- The Snowman and the Sun as reviewed by Jill Bennett- Link
- The Snowman and the Sun as reviewed by Parents in Touch- Link
- “A simple story with profound depth”- Armadillo- Link
- Read a Goodreads review: Discover the water cycle with The Snowman and the Sun
- Details make a huge difference in the story – a blog post. Link
- Magical illustrations of tiny Owl Books – feedback from our readers. Link
- “Tiny Owl is a brilliant new publisher to watch out for”- Dolphin Booksellers- Link
- A wonderful event- a report. Link
- A life lesson through a story – a blog post- Link
- A piece by the Guardian family reviewer. Link.
- The Snowman’s chattiness is beautifully complemented by the illustrations. Link
- A review by Let Them Be Small blog. Link
- The Snowman and the Sun is a stop in World Kidlit Month’s ‘Around the World in 10 Books’
- A World of Books in Translation. Link