Buy The Snowman and the Sun
The Snowman and the Sun brings together two of our favourite seasons (and two we would never think to join up!). This exciting picture books has a lot of fun waiting for readers, with a little bit of science along for the journey! Here are some things you can look forward to when reading The Snowman and the Sun!
- Ali Mafakheri’s illustrations are simple but effective! The soft, pastel backgrounds allow the patterned and colourful scarves and umbrellas to pop! The concentration is on the characters, their journeys and how important they are to the story.
- You’ll learn about the water cycle! This is the science I mentioned earlier! The snowman’s journey imitates that of the water cycle, beginning on the ground and rising to the sky before falling to the ground again. This teaches children about the cyclical aspects of weather, nature and of life!
- The Snowman and the Sun introduces the aspect of change and how it can affect things and people in different ways. For a lot of people, the sun brings joy and warmth, while for the snowman, the sun is not a welcome sight! Change can bring about both good and bad events. This book’s shows how both types of change are necessary to developing and continuing in life!
- We are also able to deal with relationships with those who are far away, a situation we have all been in for the last few months. For the child, it feels like the snowman has disappeared! The Snowman and the Sun shows that family and friends love us the same no matter where they are. When we see them again, it will be like we were never apart.
- The Snowman and the Sun is perfect for teachers! It can be used as a fun addition to lessons on the seasons and how the weather changes throughout the year.
The Snowman and the Sun has so much to offer readers! With any hidden lessons, it is the perfect book to pick up next!
Written by Amber Garvey, Tiny Owl intern
- The Snowman’s chattiness is beautifully complemented by the illustrations. Link
- A review by Let Them Be Small blog. Link
- The Snowman and the Sun is a stop in World Kidlit Month’s ‘Around the World in 10 Books’
- A World of Books in Translation. Link
Visit our bookstore
Download book posters
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube!