The Elephant's Umbrella
£12.99 £7.99 (hardback)
The Elephant's Umbrella is a simple yet sophisticated tale about how generous we can be to others.
When the rain comes, the elephant likes to put up his umbrella and invite his friends underneath. One day the umbrella is swept away by the wind and meets the leopard and the bear, who have very different ideas about how to use the umbrella. Will the umbrella find the elephant again? A simple yet sophisticated tale about how generous we can be to others.
Discover free book activities
Download a free poster with beautiful artwork from this book!
Watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Read more about The Elephant’s Umbrella:
- The Sunday Times: Watch out for the Elephant’s Umbrella! Link
- TWO Tiny Owl titles nominated for UK’s most prestigious children’s book award! Link
- A review by the English Association: a simple story with a heartwarming theme of generosity
- The Elephant’s Umbrella is all about kindness – Youth Services Book Review
- Sharing feels good! Link
- Champions of fantastic diverse books. Link
- A review by Jill Bennett.
- A lovely tale – perfect for storytelling! A review by Outside in World
- We need EMPATHY, now more than ever! A Blog post
- The difference between sharing and being selfish. A review by Books for Keeps
- A review by Wander, Ponder, Write blog: The Elephant’s Umbrella presents sharing as a win-win situation
- A poster of this book is now available to download
- A review by Carousel Magazine: An opportunity for parents to discuss themes of selflessness and kindness
- The Elephant’s Umbrella has been longlisted for the North Somerset Teachers’ Book Award! Read their wonderful review
- A review by Love My Books: a beautifully illustrated story about generosity and kindness
- Fab activities inspired by The Elephant’s Umbrella
- Read a blog: Smallest act of kindness can set a friendship in motion
- Read a blog: Ten reasons to read The Elephant’s Umbrella!
- The Elephant’s Umbrella is great for exploring empathy and feelings! – Readers that Care