The Lion Tattoo
Tales by Rumi bundle
Grobblechops (paperback), The Parrot and the Merchant (paperback), The Lion Tattoo, and The Jackal Who Thought He Was A Peacock (hardbacks)
The Lion Tattoo is a tale from Masnavi, one of the best-known and most influential works by the thirteenth century poet, philosopher and Sufi mystic Rumi.
One day a young man decides that he wants a lion tattoo. But as the tattooist begins her work, the young man feels the pain of the needle and decides that his lion doesn’t need a tail…or a stomach…or a mane! Based on a tale by Rumi, this humorous yet philosophical picture book for adult readers is guaranteed to make you think as well as laugh. With its luxurious cloth cover and small format, it also makes a perfect gift book.
Download a free poster with beautiful artwork from this book!
Watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Read more about The Lion Tattoo:
- The Lion Tattoo is a finalist in the British Book Design & Production Awards!
- Announcing our new witty title for older readers: The Lion Tattoo!
- Elizabeth Laird: we need to be educated in how to use wordless picture books. Video
- A blog: Rumi’s stories survive the test of centuries!
- A blog: Ending up with a really strange-looking lion!
- A review by Books for Keeps: a welcome fable from Rumi
- A review by Read it Daddy: Utterly delightful
- A review by Outside in World: a hilarious picture book
- Read a review by Anne Harding, written for The School Librarian