The Clever Mouse
£11.99 £5.99 (hardback)
£7.99 £3.99 (paperback)
The Clever Mouse is a mousy love story that shows how kindness is more important than beauty.
Mr Koochi is a mouse on a mission. He builds himself a house and grows his own food. ‘Clever me!’ he thinks. All he needs now is a wife. He decides that a princess wife would suit him very well … but after promising he will never abandon her, he finds that she is plump and plain – not exactly the princess he dreamt about. Maybe he isn’t so clever after all. And yet she turns out to be clever and kind – but has his discovery come too late? Mr Koochi has to learn a hard lesson about kindness to win his princess back.
Watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Author and illustrator Anahita Teymorian also works with animation in her native Iran. Her books are known all over the world, and her work has been featured in major international exhibitions. She has won awards at the Bologna Children’s Book Fair and the Noma Concours. Other books for Tiny Owl include A Bird Like Himself (2015) and There’s Room for Everyone (2018).
Read more about The Clever Mouse:
- A review by Books for Keeps. Link
- A picture report from EDBF. Link
- A life lesson through a story. Link
- A fantastic resource for schools by Outside in World. Link
- Tiny Owl flies to China. Link
- Champions of fantastic divers stories. Link
- Reading is about sharing. Link
- Kindness is a thread throughout our stories. Link
- A review by Outside in World: The value of the true love and friendship
- A blog: a familiar love story with a twist in the tail
- Read an interview with Anahita here.
- Visiting Anahita in Tehran. Link
- Stories have long long legs! Link