Make scrummy popping rock cakes to celebrate Rock and Roll’s upcoming release!
Buy Rock and Roll
We are so excited that Rock and Roll is out in less than one week! To celebrate, we decided to make some colourful popping rock cakes based on the gorgeous fossil prints and boulder friends in the book!
The recipe is easy as pie!
To make 12 popping rock cakes, you’ll need:
- 150g margarine
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g self-raising flour100g icing sugar
- Pop rocks candy (different colours)
- Parents will need to pre-heat the oven to 180°/160° fan, and line a cupcake tin with cases.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Crack your eggs in a separate bowl, give them a whisk, & add to the main mixture along with the vanilla extract.
- Fold (don’t mix!) in the flour. When your mixture is combined, add a little milk till it becomes a dropping consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, and put in the oven for 10-15 mins.
- Wait patiently, lick the bowl, and use oven mitts to take the cakes out when done. Be sure to let them cool fully before adding your icing!
- Mix together icing sugar and water until combined, then spoon on top of the cakes until they are covered.
- Add your colourful pop rocks and voila! Super scrummy pop rock cakes to celebrate Rock and Roll!
- Watch: Rock and Roll’s trailer!
Visit our bookstore
Download book posters
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube!