Make Christmassy Cupcakes Inspired By The Snowman and the Sun!
Buy The Snowman and the Sun
Yummy yummy yummy, we’ve got cake in our tummies! These gorgeous Christmas cupcakes are inspired by our winter book all about the water cycle, The Snowman and the Sun!
What better time to bake them than around the Christmassy season! We recommend tucking in whilst reading this fabulous book!
The recipe is simple!
To make 12 festive snowflake cakes, you’ll need
- 150g margarine
- 150g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g self-raising flour100g icing sugar
- Edible Christmas sprinkles (we got ours from Tesco!)
- Parents will need to pre-heat the oven to 180°/160° fan, and line a cupcake tin with cases.
- Cream the margarine and sugar together in a bowl until smooth. Crack your eggs in a separate bowl, give them a whisk, & add to the main mixture along with the vanilla extract.
- Fold (don’t mix!) in the flour. When your mixture is combined, add a little milk till it becomes a dropping consistency.
- Spoon the mixture into the cases, and put in the oven for 10-15 mins.
- Wait patiently, lick the bowl, and use oven mitts to take the cakes out when done. Be sure to let them cool fully before adding your icing!
- Mix together icing sugar and water until combined, then spoon on top of the cakes until they are covered.
- Add your Christmas sprinkles (we chose snowmen & snowflakes!), allow to dry and voila! 12 stunning Christmas cakes, perfect for the festive season!
- Read a review: The Snowman and the Sun is a WINTER FAVOURITE!
- Read a blog: The Snowman and the Sun is perfect for budding geographers!
- Watch: The Snowman and the Sun is the perfect book to snuggle up and read with little ones!
- Read a review: Snuggle Up with The Snowman and the Sun! – Bookwrap
Visit our bookstore
Download book posters
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube!