Guidelines for sharing Tiny Owl books during the COVID-19 crisis
Visit our bookstore
*UPDATE* Permission to share readings has been extended until December 31st 2020.
With school, library, and bookshop closures, and the inevitable challenges facing the whole community, over the next few months we recognise the need to be more flexible when it comes to sharing Tiny Owl books online. We hugely appreciate all efforts to support and celebrate Tiny Owl books at this difficult time.
To ensure that our Tiny Owl friends can continue to share the magic of stories with children through shared-reading, we are permitting educators, librarians, booksellers, and parents to share read-aloud videos of Tiny Owl books online.
It is important that these videos are not available to download, and can only be created and posted to closed platforms for a limited time. For example, if uploading a video to YouTube, the video should not be shared as ‘Public’ but instead ‘Unlisted’.
When sharing or streaming videos or live events, please could you:
- Announce the title of the book and the name of the author and/or illustrator as part of each video
- Tag or mention the author and illustrator of the book as well as Tiny Owl
- Provide the link to our online bookstore where possible: https://tinyowl.co.uk/find-a-book/
- Notify us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Name and address of your organisation
- Title and author of the Tiny Owl book being read
- Contact information for the individual reading the book
- A link to your video or live event
Permission is granted only for free use of the readings. If you have any more questions, please get in touch via email: email@example.com
Thank you for all your ongoing support for Tiny Owl! We wish you good health in these uncertain times. Happy reading!
- Fun activities you can enjoy at home!
- Hear from superb storyteller Sally Pomme Clayton!
- Twit Twoo! Watch: Spread HOPE with Tiny Owl books!
Visit our bookstore
Download book posters
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube!