Felix After the Rain
Felix After the Rain is an accessible and hopeful story about overcoming sadness.
Felix After the Rain has been selected by Empathy Lab for their Read for Empathy Collection 2021.
Felix’s grandma used to tell him that after the rain, comes the sunshine.
Felix is tired of carrying around his heavy, black suitcase filled with all his worries and woes, but he can’t seem to let go of it. Until one day a young boy opens up the suitcase and lets all the feelings escape! Felix learns that his grandma was right: sad feelings can’t last forever. Felix After the Rain is an uplifting story about a boy who learns to overcome his sadness by letting out his emotions.
Hope in a Scary World bundle
Last: The Story of a White Rhino, Bloom, There’s Room for Everyone and Felix After the Rain (paperbacks), Unlocked (hardback)
Discover fun book activities
Download a free poster with beautiful artwork from this book!
watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Dunja Jogan is an artist and graphic designer who has published several books and many editorial illustrations. Her work has been selected five times for the Italian Illustrators Annual. In 2015 her book The Elephant on the Tree was nominated for the Kristina Brenk Award for best original picture book in Slovenia. She lives in Trieste, Italy.
Read more about Felix After the Rain:
- Felix After the Rain has been selected for Empathy Lab’s 2021 Read for Empathy collection!
- Upcoming Tiny Owl book wins a PEN Translates Award!
- Read a review: A beautifully illustrated book about embracing our sorrows – Publisher Spotlight
- Read a review: Felix After the Rain is ideal for Year 3s – Headmaster Simon Smith
- Read a review: Felix After the Rain is a powerful book that speaks to both children and adults! – Red Reading Hub
- Read a review: Felix After the Rain is a wonderful story about freeing yourself from worries! – Dolphin Booksellers
- Watch: A fun Read along to Felix After the Rain
- Read a review: Felix After the Rain is emotional and thought-provoking – VIP Reading
- Read review: CLPE staff feature Felix After the Rain as a best book for 2020!
- Read a review: Felix After the Rain allows readers to consider how best we deal with emotions! – Mamma Filz
- Felix After the Rain celebrates emotional honesty and freedom! – Kirkus Reviews
- Five stars for Felix After the Rain – Youth Services Book Review
- World Kid Lit celebrate Felix After the Rain in their round-up of best books in 2020!
- Read an interview with our publisher!
- Read an interview with author and illustrator Dunja Jogan!
- Read an interview with translator Olivia Hellewell!
- Watch: Dunja Jogan shows you how to print!
- Watch: Dunja Jogan takes you through her illustrations!
- Felix After the Rain can assist children to catch their feelings as early as possible! – Psychotherapist Shelley Smith
- Felix After the Rain is a sensitive exploration of emotions – Library Girl and Book Boy
- Felix After the Rain is incredibly poignant right now – BookBairn
- Felix After the Rain is a worthy addition to any library – Book for Topics
- Felix After the Rain offers comfort for children feeling overwhelmed during the pandemic – A Library Lady
- Brilliant Felix After the Rain resources from Edinburgh Book Festival!
- Felix After the Rain brings perspective to upsetting situations – Let’s Talk Picture Books
- There’s sunshine in Felix’s soul! – Plapibo
- Felix After the Rain is a lovely visual metaphor for troubling thoughts – WorldKidLit
- We can all empathise with the heavy feeling of carrying around negative emotions – Books for Topics
- Felix After the Rain sends a powerful message to young readers – Reading Zone
- School children explore Felix After the Rain through brilliant art!
- Felix After the Rain is a great resource to help initiate discussions – NetGalley reviewer
- Felix After the Rain is powerful, moving and important – Stories for Little Ones
- Felix After the Rain delves into anxiety in an important way – Sharing the Shelf
- Felix After the Rain gives children the space to explore difficult subjects – Outside In World
- Felix After the Rain is a truly freeing story! – Mama Mummy Mum
- Felix After the Rain is picture book of the week! – ReadItDaddy
- Felix After the Rain will help children express their hurt and grieve – NetGalley reviewer
- Download: Discover fun Felix After the Rain activities!
- Mental health matters – start the conversation with a book
- Watch the teaser trailer!
- Read a blog: Kindness helps us grow!
- Read a review: Felix After the Rain will start many conversations – The Picture Book Consultant
- Read a review: Felix After the Rain invites us to think about our feelings – Hookable_Books
- Read a review: A lovely story of joy, kindness and hope – The Values Bookshelf
Felix After the Rain speaks to both adults and children!
Felix After the Rain is an emotive and thought-provoking read.
A perfect book to share in any PSHE lesson.