The New Baby and Me!
£7.99 £4.99 (paperback)
The New Baby and Me! is a perfect book to help brothers or sisters-to-be prepare for a new arrival in the family.
Beautifully illustrated by Hoda Haddadi, this book follows a family of five siblings as they imagine what their new baby brother will be like. Will he be a scientist or dreamer? A pirate or an artist? Each child projects their own ideas and fantasies onto the new baby. All they know is that he’ll be just like them! But they are in for a bit of a surprise….A beautiful picture book that celebrates individuality and imagination. Additional ideas for art and collage activities included to help prepare for a new sibling. A perfect book for families with a little one on the way…
Download a free poster with beautiful artwork from this book!
Check out these fun New Baby and Me activities!
Watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Christine Kidney graduated in English from Cambridge University, then spent twenty years working in publishing as an editor. She works and lives in the Cotswolds with her family.
Hoda Haddadi is one of the most successful amongst the younger generation of Iranian illustrators. She has won several international awards, including the first prize at the Belgrade International Illustration Biennial, the New Horizons Award at the Bologna Book Fair, two medals at the Nooma Festival (Japan) and the golden plaque of the Biennial Illustration Bratislava. Other books for Tiny Owl include A Rainbow in My Pocket (2016).
Read more about The New Baby and Me:
- Book Trust recommends The New Baby and Me!
- A review by Jill Bennett: Children’s aspirations should not be limited by their gender
- Read a review by The Letterpress Project: The New Baby and Me celebrates children’s creativity!
- A review by DolphinBooks: the importance of individuality and imagination
- A review by Read it Daddy: The New Baby and Me is really eye catching and wonderful
- Author/illustrator Mike Henson offers us a glimpse into his parenting journey
- Exciting activities for children to welcome new baby sibling home
- An ideal book for families with a new baby on the way. A review by Parents in Touch
- A FIVE star review from Youth Services Book Review
- A mother’s experience on how she dealt with introducing a new arrival
- Read responses by two different mums about their own experiences: here and here.
- A mother and a sibling share sweet stories about how their experiences of getting ready for a new arrival!
- Read a blog: The New Baby and Me encourages children to be what they want to be!
- Read a review by Anne Harding: A tender tale that plays an important role
- Read a review by Kids Books We Love: A great book for growing families!