We can't send your purchase immediately. Your order will be dispatched by 23rd June.
Grobblechops is a timeless tale of monsters under the bed, lovingly told by the award-winning author Elizabeth Laird.
Amir’s worried about the monster under the bed! What if it has huge teeth and growls like a lion? What if it tries to eat him up? And what if the monster has a mum and dad too? But Dad reassures Amir that if the monster family comes to play, then Amir might just make a friend instead.
A timeless tale of monsters under the bed, Grobblechops is based on a story by the thirteenth-century poet, philosopher and Sufi mystic Rumi.
Tales by Rumi bundle
Grobblechops (paperback), The Parrot and the Merchant (paperback), The Lion Tattoo, and The Jackal Who Thought He Was A Peacock (hardbacks)
Discover our free Grobblechops activities
Download a free poster with beautiful artwork from this book!
Watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Elizabeth Laird is the multi-award winning author of many successful picture books, young fiction and YA novels. Her travels across the world have influenced her style of writing and choice of topics. She is well-known for tackling a wide range of global issues through her work.
Jenny Lucander, born 1975 in Helsinki, studied children’s book illustration, creation and storytelling at the University of Gothenburg, The School of Design. Jenny has illustrated several award-nominated children's books.
Read more about Grobblechops:
- Grobblechops selected by The Reading Agency as a top book for mental health!
- Grobblechops features in BookTrust’s Great Books Guide 2019!
- Grobblechops picked by the Metro as a top book for Easter!
- Grobblechops featured by Book Trust on Instagram!
- Book Trust loves Grobblechops!
- Grobblechops perfectly handles children’s fears – Children’s Book Ireland
- Grobblechops is endearing and good-hearted – Kirkus Reviews
- Grobblechops makes Bank Street’s Best Books of 2020 list!
- Books for Topics say Grobblechops is a top book to promote mental health
- Mathew Tobin says both his boys adored Grobblechops!
- Returning to school: Books for Topics recommends Grobblechops
- Read a blog: is there really a monster under the bed?!
- Introducing Grobblechops!
- Read an interview with illustrator Jenny Lucander: I felt proud and happy illustrating Grobblechops!
- Read a review by Jill Bennett: Adults and little ones will relish Grobblechops!
- Read a review by Read It Daddy: Grobblechops is a completely intoxicating story!
- Read a review by Parents in Touch: Grobblechops will alleviate children’s worries
- Read a review by Dolphin Books: Grobblechops is an excellent book for your collection!
- Read a review by Kids.Books.We.Love: Grobblechops is unique in its dealing with monsters!
- Read a review by Diverse Children’s Books: Grobblechops is wonderfully expressive and humorous!
- FIVE stars for Grobblechops from Lady in Read Writes!
- Discover fun Grobblechops activities from Lovemybooks!
- Read a blog: How Grobblechops helps children overcome the fear of the unknown
- Book Trust pick Grobblechops as one of their best new books!
- Watch Elizabeth Laird give her three pieces of advice for aspiring authors
- Grobblechops is out now in paperback!
- Grobblechops is a clever variation on the monster under the bed story
- Minerva Reads says Grobblechops is warm and comforting
- Read a review of Grobblechops from Publisher’s Weekly
- Read the Grobblechops five star review from Goodreads user
- Read the five star review of Grobblechops from A Garden of Books
- Another five star review for Grobblechops from Youth Services Book Review!
- Read a review from Reading Pebbles – Grobblechops is truly special and unique!
- Read a review from Let’s Talk Picture Books – Grobblechops is Crush of the Week!
- Read a review from Storywraps – Grobblechops instils comfort at bedtime
- Read a review from The Tiny Activist – Grobblechops will resonate with every child!
- Grobblechops is one of the best books of 2019! – RwR Book Club
- Grobblechops is great for promoting empathy! – Readers that Care