Dare is an inspirational poem full of messages of empowerment, encouragement and the joy of daring to be the best person you can be.
Dare to be what you truly are. A light in the dark – be you; a star.
An inspirational poem full of messages of empowerment, encouragement and the joy of daring to be the best person you can be.
This simple yet inspirational picture book encourages children everywhere to dare to dream big, to help others and speak out for what is right, but also to take time for simple joys and to be comfortable in their own skin. With charming rhymes and energetic and inclusive illustrations, this is a book to empower every child.
Discover free Dare activities
Download a free poster with beautiful artwork from this book!
Watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Lorna Gutierrez is an author and poet who enjoys making difficult subjects easier for children to understand. She has written two previous collections of poetry to encourage building self-esteem and confidence in children: Perfectly Imperfect and I Love Myself. Let Me Tell You Why. This is her first book for Tiny Owl.
Polly Noakes is an illustrator and author with a passion for creating lyrical images for children’s books. Her love of illustration started at Cambridge School of Art and Polly graduated from the MA in Children’s Book Illustration in 2015. Polly lives in the countryside with her family and rescued Romanian street dog Bertie, who likes long lively walks!
Read more about Dare:
- Dare is a rhythmic provocation to dreaming and daring – Publishers Weekly
- Dare featured in Children’s Books Ireland reading guide!
- Bologna Book Fair selects Dare as an excellent international book!
- Read a review: Amnesty International celebrates Dare in the selection of children’s books to inspire activism!
- Dare is simple and inspiring! – Mathew Tobin
- Hoorah! Dare is a Books For Topics book of the month!
- Dare is beautifully illustrated, diverse and empowering! – Red Reading Hub
- Watch a sneak peek reading of Dare by Lorna Gutierrez
- Read an interview with illustrator Polly Noakes: It feels natural to draw children from different ethnic backgrounds
- Read a blog about author’s visit to London
- Read a review: Dare is great book fr critical thinking and anti racism – Mamma Filz
- Read a review by Melissa Jordan: Dare will make children and adults smile!
- Read a review by teacher Laura Baxter: Dare is truly a picture book for everyone!
- Teacher Rachael Collins says Dare is a top book to encourage reading for pleasure
- A mum explains why she loves Dare
- Books for Keeps give five stars to Dare
- Dare is Doorstep Library’s Book of the Week!
- Dare is great for promoting empathy! – Readers that Care
- Dare should be on bookshelves everywhere! – Mamma Filz