£11.99 £5.99 (hardback)
£7.99 £3.99 (paperback)
Alive Again is a child’s profound exploration of hope and the cyclical nature of life.
When the blossom falls from the trees, a little boy wonders, will it come back? And when the rain stops, is it gone forever? How do we find that grain of hope that good things might return? The little boy’s questions are answered as spring, once again, brings blossom to the world and rain pours down from the sky. This philosophical poem explores questions about the cycles of life and creates hope that good things will come once again.
Watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Ahmadreza Ahmadi is one of the greatest Iranian contemporary poets. He has written numerous
children’s stories, some of which have won major literary awards in Iran. In 2010 he was among the five shortlisted nominees for the Hans Christian Andersen award. Other books for Tiny Owl include When I Coloured in the World (2015).
Nahid Kazemi has illustrated more than 50 books for children and received her Master’s from Tehran Art University. She has appeared at national and international festivals, and been published inside and outside Iran. She currently lives in Canada. Other books for Tiny Owl include The Orange House (2016).
Read more about Alive Again:
- A review by Book Trust: A reassuring tale about the philosophical nature of language and being
- A review by Armadillo Magazine: a thought-provoking book
- A review by Patricia Nozell: A wonderful book to share with children in the “why” phase
- A review by Annie Everall for Carousel Magazine: story about exploring language and understanding the world
- A review by School Library Association: simple, but with a lot to talk about
- Rear a review by Educational Consultant Charlotte Raby: Alive Again is a perfect read!
- A visit to the poet of hope and peace, Ahmadreza Ahmadi
- Here worlds are brought together. A review by Ferelith Hordon for IBBY LINK. Here
- A review by Jill Bennett. Here.
- Alive Again perfectly captures how the world can puzzle children! – Picture Book Collective
- There is always hope. A blog post. Here
- Introducing global children’s literature. Here
- Poetic side of Tiny Owl Publishing. Here.
- Nahid’s storytelling and craft event in London. Here and here
- A gallery of Nahid Lazemi’s beautiful illustrations. Here
- An interview with Nahid Kazemi. Here
- For the love of poetry. A blog post. Here
- Opening up discussions on challenging themes such as loss, death and re-birth. Link
- Coming Alive Again! Link
- Exciting new paperbacks soon to be released
- Happy Persian new year! A blog post
- A blog: A profound poem of loss and hope
- A blog: Picture books; A way for children to better understand stressful situations
- A blog: Happy Father’s Day!