Bloom is a touching book about the power of positivity by celebrated author Anne Booth.
There was once a beautiful flower and a little girl who loved it. She talked to it every morning on her way to school. The owner of the flower shouted at her. The next day, the flower did not open. The angry man didn’t understand. He tried watering it. He tried giving it shade and he tried talking to it. He told it how wonderful he was, how important his job was and how lonely he felt. But it still refused to open. So, he asked the little girl. “Why don’t you tell it how wonderful it is and how much you love it?” she said. As he did so, his own heart filled with love. And the flower bloomed.
Hope in a Scary World bundle
Last: The Story of a White Rhino, Bloom, There’s Room for Everyone and Felix After the Rain (paperbacks)
Discover fun book activities
Download a free poster with beautiful artwork from this book!
watch the book trailer
Meet the author and illustrator
Anne Booth is a highly-acclaimed children’s fiction and picture book author and is known for the exceptional warmth and authenticity of her writing. She lives in a village in Kent with her husband, four teenage children, and two hens.
Robyn Owen-Wilson is a children’s book illustrator and author. She loves to create illustrations with dip pens, watercolours and soluble graphite. She graduated from the MA in Children’s Book Illustration at Anglia Ruskin in 2019. She was shortlisted for the Batsford prize 2018 and the Searle award for creativity in 2019.
Read more about Bloom:
- Read: Woohoo! Bloom is The Sunday Times ‘Book of the Week’!
- Read: Hurrah! Bloom is one of the Guardian’s best books of the month!
- Read: Bloom is top summer reading in The Sunday Times!
- Read: Hurrah! Bloom is longlisted for the Spark! Book Award!
- Read: Bloom is selected as a top summer book by True Education!
- Read: Bloom is featured in parenting magazine JUNO
- Read: Bloom is one of Scope for Imagination’s favourite books in 2020!
- Read an interview with author Anne Booth
- Read an interview with illustrator Robyn Wilson-Owen
- Read: Bloom’s illustrations play an important part – Books for Keeps
- Read: Bloom is Eagle Primary School’s BOOK OF THE MONTH!
- Read a blog: Bloom is an invaluable teacher resource – teacher Nicky Bailey
- Download: Check out teacher Ceridwen Eccles’s free mindfulness planning on TES!
- Read a blog: Kindness helps us grow
- Watch: Bloom trailer
- Read a review: Bloom is a spirited story about community – OtherWise
- Read a blog: Author Anne Booth talks to The Reading Realm!
- Read a review: Bloom is a top read for returning to school! – The Reader Teacher
- Read a blog: Author Anne Booths shares her inspiration on An Awfully Big Blog Adventure!
- Read a review: Bloom is here at a time when we most need it – Read It, Daddy
- Read a review: Seeing family diversity in Bloom is great for all kids – Little Box of Books
- Watch: Spread kindness with flower pressing
- Read a review: Bloom is great for fostering forgiveness – Paper Ren
- Read a review: Bloom explores feelings and friendship – BookBairn
- Read a review: Bloom speaks of kindness and understanding – Instagram review
- Read a review: Bloom is a book for ALL times – Kids Books to Life
- Read a review: Loving words can heal – Everybody Reads CIC
- Read a review: Stunningly bright imagery makes Bloom come to life! – Bookb4bedtime
The Sunday Times
Filled with colour, creativity and warmth [...] a metaphor for how we should treat each other if we are all to flourish
A story of hope, persistence, and finding love in small things
Library Girl and Book Boy
An absolutely gorgeous book about kindness and the power of words