Loving words can heal a situation
This is an utterly beautiful, emotionally rich story which has the feeling of a classic picture book. It tells the story of a grumpy old man who shouts at a little girl when he spots her talking to a beautiful flower in his garden. The rest of the story tells us about his attempt to force the plant into flowering again. Unsurprisingly his bullying & berating tactics don’t work; he ends up seeking advice from the little girl and her loving words heal the situation.
- Read: Woohoo! Bloom is The Sunday Times ‘Book of the Week’!
- Read: Hurrah! Bloom is one of the Guardian’s best books of the month!
- Read an interview with author Anne Booth
- Read an interview with illustrator Robyn Wilson-Owen
- Read: Bloom’s illustrations play an important part – Books for Keeps
Visit our bookstore
Download book posters
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube!