Bake Scrummy Vegan Brownies from The Neighbourhood Surprise!
Buy The Neighbourhood Surprise
Our colourful book The Neighbourhood Surprise has so many mouth-watering vegan and vegetarian treats inside its pages! We thought that the vegan brownies on the cover looked truly DELICIOUS, so decided to make some ourselves!
Follow our recipe below! These make a scrumptious treat, especially when reading The Neighbourhood Surprise!
For these vegan brownies you’ll need these ingredients:
- 115g vegan margerine (melted)
- 100g Sugar
- 80ml oat milk
- 3 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 140g flour
- 100g cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- A sprinkle of salt
- Vegan chocolate chunks (as many as you like!)
- Preheat your oven to 170/150 fan degrees
- Use an 8×8 baking pan, and line with parchment paper
- Whisk together your melted butter and sugar
- Once combined, add the milk & vanilla extract
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt
- Once mixed, combine your two bowls together, mix, and add your chocolate chunks
- Pour your batter into the baking tray
- Bake for 30 mins
- Optional step – Lick the bowl!
- Make sure to let them cool before eating!