Attention all graduates! Are you an aspiring publisher, looking for your first internship? We are now recruiting for a paid sales and marketing intern! Read on for all the details:
Sales and Marketing Intern (paid)
Job type: Part-time (3 days per week), 6-month contract
Salary: National Minimum Wage
Sector: Children’s Trade
Application deadline: 13/11/2017
Tiny Owl is a small, independent publishing company committed to producing beautiful, original children’s picture books from around the globe. We believe that stories act as bridges – providing pathways to new experiences whilst connecting us to here and there. Our books are visually rich and conceptually meaningful, giving children a greater awareness of the diverse and colourful world we live in.
We are a small, tightly-knit team, and are looking for an enthusiastic Sales and Marketing Intern to assist the Publisher and to help Tiny Owl soar onwards and upwards. The role would suit someone who is passionately committed to children’s picture books, and who is keen to learn about sales and marketing in a small independent publishing environment. The successful candidate will act as Publisher’s Assistant and develop their skills in sales and marketing through a six-month part-time paid internship.
- Publisher’s Assistant
- Create and develop content for website and social media channels according to house style
- Write content to produce a regular e-newsletter
- Assist with marketing campaigns for all titles, in collaboration with the Sales and Marketing Director
- Organise submissions/applications for book awards, festivals and events, together with Sales and Marketing Director/Press Officer
- Attend meetings, conferences, book fairs, etc. with other team members
- Produce and proofread back cover and AI sheet copy, together with Commissioning Editor
- Any additional duties as necessary to meet the needs of the Employer’s business.
- Previous involvement in or a commitment shown to marketing and publicity is preferred
- Awareness of and passion for art and stories from around the world
- Copywriting, copyediting and proofreading skills
- Strong eye for design
- Good organisational skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Adobe InDesign and Photoshop is preferred
To apply, please email your CV and a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 3 weeks of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted.