The Snowman and the Sun is a book that introduces ideas about the water cycle and evaporation. It is done in a really nice way and it prompted some nice conversations with Mr D about the snow that had melted from our garden a few weeks ago. I’m sure we will return to this book time and time again. There’s a lot going on in the pictures too which Miss E enjoyed very much! Look out for the Bee and the Cat.
The Orange House has another lovely message to deliver to young children; one of friendship. It also explores the importance of standing up for others. The Orange House is an old house that faces being demolished. It’s lovely to see the others houses protect the Orange House and it’s a gentle way to talk to young children about friendships and protecting those we care about.
Read the main article here.
To visit our bookstore please click here.
More to read about The Snowman and the Sun:
- The Snowman and the Sun as reviewed by Jill Bennett- Link
- The Snowman and the Sun as reviewed by Parents in Touch- Link
- “A simple story with profound depth”- Armadillo- Link
- Details make a huge difference in the story- A blog post- Link
- magical illustrations of tiny Owl Books- A feedback from our readers- Link
- “Tiny Owl is a brilliant new publisher to watch out for”- Dolphin Booksellers- Link
- A wonderful event- A report- Link
- A life lesson through a story- A blog post- Link
- A piece by the Guardian family reviewers, Link.
- The Snowman’s chattiness is beautifully complemented by the illustrations. Link