Buy Cinderella of the Nile, hardback, 40 pp, £12.99 (discounts may apply)
Available 14 May 2018
- Written by Beverley Naidoo
- Illustrated by Marjan Vafaeian
This earliest known version of Cinderella is brought to life for the modern-day reader. Rhodopis is a Greek girl who is sold into slavery by bandits and taken to Egypt. Along the way she becomes friends with the storyteller Aesop and a host of playful animals.
Her master gives her a pair of beautiful rose-red slippers, making three other servants jealous. But when Horus, the falcon, sweeps in to steal her slipper, Rhodopis has little idea that this act will lead her to the King of Egypt.
The first in our ‘One Story, Many Voices’ series, this ancient story of Cinderella finds its echo in fairy tales all over the world.
More about this book:
- Cinderella of the Nile selected by The Book Seller as a One to Watch
- Introducing the ‘One Story, Many Voices’ series by Tiny Owl publisher Delaram Ghanimifard
- Read our Fairy Tales Campaign by responses by Beverley Naidoo, Alan Durant and Teresa Cremin
- Read this review by Parents in Touch: A refreshing take on the traditional story of Cinderella
Visit our bookstore
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube