Are you looking for something different?
We are happy and very excited to announce that our new title from the Persian classic range will come out in August. Bijan & Manije is a beautiful story of love across the divide, reminiscent of Romeo and Juliet, but with a distinctive Persian flavour.
A twist of fate brings Bijan face to face with the daughter of his enemy. They fall in love and refuse to abandon each other, even under duress. Can Iran’s greatest knight, Rostam, help save the day and bring warring nations to peace?
The story of Bijan and Manije is one of the ancient epic stories of Shahnameh (Book of Kings). Ferdowsi, the 10th century Persian poet, gathered the historical stories and myths of Persia in the form of poem in Shahnameh. The Book of Kings was traditionally the base of Pardekhani, a type of storytelling for the public where illustrations were made on large canvases and a narrator read the poems to the audience in coffeehouses and streets.
- Don’t wait and pre-order your copy today from here.
To visit our bookstore please click here.
More to read:
- Poetic side of Tiny Owl Publishing, a blog post. Here
- PardeKhani and picture books, a blog post. Here
- From London to Tehran 1 and 2: Links +, ++
- Why should children read books with so much entertainment around? Link
- Night Circus by Dessert and Kafka, Beckett, Lonesco, etc. Link
- Hallowed ground: the mausoleum of Omar Khayyam and its gardens. the Gardian.Link
- Pardekhani and picture books. Link
- Children’s writers and refugees. Link
- From my son’s bedroom window. Link
- An article about The Little Black Fish. Link