Buy Cinderella of the Nile
Buy Thinker: My Puppy Poet and Me
If you want some creative bookish activities to do with your children, then we have you covered. The Baillie Gifford Schools Programme have created some amazing resources for Cinderella of the Nile and Thinker: My Puppy Poet and Me based on events at Edinburgh International Book Festival. They’re perfect for either teachers who want to bring some fun into the classroom, or parents to whip out on a rainy afternoon. Not only do they encourage reading, they also allow children to out their own creative spin on things. Check them out below:
1) Putting a spin on a classic tale with Cinderella of the Nile. Create your own version of the Cinderella tale. It could be set in your school, community, or somewhere more fantastical. Will you set your story in the past, present or future? Write your tale down and don’t forget to illustrate it with colourful drawings.
2) Perfecting pet pictures with Thinker: My Puppy Poet and Me. Bring in a picture of your pet, or a pet you wish you had, and use the picture to help create a collage of your chosen animal. You can use lots of different materials – from recycled magazines and newspaper, to old fabrics. Then think about what kind of poems your pet might compose and add this to your creation.
- Check out some children’s craft activities based on The New Baby and Me
- Read Eloise Greenfield, author of Thinker, explain how it began
- Look at this wonderful introduction to the One Story, Many Voices series by Tiny Owl publisher Delaram Ghanimifard
Visit our bookstore
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube