Buy Thinker: My Puppy Poet and Me, hardback, 32pp, £9.99 (discounts may apply)
- Written by Eloise Greenfield
- Illustrated by Ehsan Abdollahi
Seven-year-old Jace and his puppy Thinker are poets, putting everything they do into verse, from going to the park to philosophising to playing ball.
One day they’ll have the whole world figured out. For now, though, Thinker has to keep quiet in public, and he can’t go to school with Jace – he might recite a poem, and then Jace’s friends will say he’s weird.
But when Pets’ Day comes, and Thinker is allowed into the classroom at last, he finds it harder than he expected to keep his rhyming skills a secret.
More about this book:
- Eloise Greenfield explains: how Thinker began
- Read this interview by author Eloise Greenfield
- Watch this creative video by illustrator Ehan Abdollahi: Make Thinker the Puppy for yourself
- Read a review by Read It Daddy: The poems danced off our tongues
- Thinker was selected as Perfect Picture Book Friday. Read a review by Patricia Nozell
- Read a review by Educational consultant Alison Kelly for Reading Zone: Thinker is a book teachers will want to introduce to children poem by poem
- Read a review by Jill Bennett: a delightfully quirky poetry book
- Ehsan Abdollahi named as ‘illustrator in residence’ at Edinburgh Book Festival 2018
- Read a review by Books for Keeps: Thinker dances with rhythm and meaning
- Read responses to our Children and Poetry Campaign by Sue Hardy- Dawson, Jean Atkin, Lorna Gutirrez, Joelle Taylor, Joshua Seigal, Julie Douglas, Liz Brownlee, John Lyons, James Carter
- Read an interview with Eloise Greenfield by the Federation of Children’s Book Group, FCBG
Visit our bookstore
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube