Available 12 February 2018
- Written by Christine Kidney
- Illustrated by Hoda Haddadi
Beautifully illustrated by Hoda Haddadi, this book follows a family of five siblings as they imagine what their new baby brother will be like. Will he be a scientist or dreamer? A pirate or an artist? Each child projects their own ideas and fantasies onto the new baby. All they know is that he’ll be just like them! But they are in for a bit of a surprise….
A beautiful picture book that celebrates individuality and imagination. Additional ideas for art and collage activities included to help prepare for a new sibling. A perfect book for families with a little one on the way…
More about this book:
- Author/illustrator Mike Henson offers us a glimpse into his parenting journey
- Exciting activities for children to welcome new baby sibling home
- An Ideal book for families with a new baby on the way. A review by Parents in Touch
- A mother’s experience on how she dealt with introducing a new arrival
- A review by Jill Bennett: Children’s aspirations should not be limited by their gender
- A review by DolphinBooks: the importance of individuality and imagination
- A review by Read it Daddy: The New Baby and Me is really eye catching and wonderful
- Read responses by two different mums about their own experiences: here and here.
- A mother and a sibling share sweet stories about how their experiences of getting ready for a new arrival!
- Read a blog: The New Baby and Me encourages children to be what they want to be!
- Read a review by Anne Harding: A tender tale that plays an important role
More about Christine Kidney
- Read Christine’s response to our wordless picture book campaign here
- The New Baby and me; a story about identity and imagination. An interview
More about Hoda Haddadi
- Young at heart: an interview with Hoda Haddadi
- Explore Hoda’s previous Tiny Owl book, A Rainbow in my Pocket
Buy The New Baby and Me!
Visit our bookstore
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube!