Buy The Drum, hardback, 24pp, £9.99 (discounts may apply)
Pre-order the sequel The Flute
Written by Ken Wilson-Max
- Illustrated by Catell Ronca
This is the drum. This is the beat. Clap your hands. Stomp your feet! Babies love song, rhythm and dance. Come along and step to the beat in Tiny Owl’s new Children. Music. Life. series created by the award-winning picture book author and artist Ken Wilson-Max.
This series explores different musical instruments from around the world and how they make you feel and move!
Music helps the physical, emotional, and intellectual development of babies as well as strengthening cognitive and sensory development.
So feel the rhythm, clap your hands, stomp your feet and enjoy making music with your baby!
Watch the book trailer:
More about this book:
- The Drum named among best diverse children’s books by The Evening Standard
- Hurrah! The Drum nominated for Kate Greenaway Awards!
- The Drum longlisted for 2019 UKLA Book Awards!
- Carnegie and Kate Greenaway chooses Cinderella of the Nile and The Drum to promote diversity!
- Watch author Ken Wilson-Max read The Drum!
- The music series is designed to get children moving and thinking. An interview with author Ken Wilson-Max
- I wanted the colours to communicate life. An interview with illustrator Catell Ronca
- Book Trust UK loves The Drum, read their wonderful review
- The Drum recommended as guided reading for nurseries!
- Get totally engrossed in the rhythm. A review by Parents in Touch
- Read responses to our Music & Storytelling Campaign here, here, here, here, here, here, here, here here here, and here
- Read a roundup of our Music & Storytelling campaign and the conclusions everyone came to
- Read a blog: Dancing and singing, launching The Drum!
- Read a review by fab author Pippa Goodhart: a celebration of coming together, orchestrated by the beat of a drum
- Read this blog for International Dance Day: Shake your body and dance!
- Read a review by Jill Bennett: Once those drums came out…
- Read a review by Read It daddy: it’s time to embrace the rhythm of The Drum
- Listen to the drum and watch this fun book trailer
- Read a review by the wonderful Patricia Nozell: The Drum presents a celebration of how music unites people
- The Drum is introduced as a Perfect Picture Book Friday. Read this review
- Read a blog: music can bring us together
- Great activity ideas by Love My Books
- Read a wonderful review by John Newman for The School Librarian
- Read a review by Research Rich Pedagogies: The Drum is a powerful celebration for all ages
- Watch and get into the spirit of The Drum with music from around the world!
- Books for Keeps gave 5 stars for The Drum. Read their review
Buy The Drum
Visit our bookstore
Limited edition prints
Subscribe to Tiny Owl on YouTube