Edinburgh International Book Festival is the place, and two of Tiny Owl’s most talented author/illustrators, Nahid Kazemi and Marjan Vafaian are attending. If you are in Edinburgh on 27th and 28th of August, get your tickets and don’t miss out!
Below you will find a short introduction about Nahid Kazemi:
- See this blog post to find out about the subjects and their schedules at the Ed Book Festival. Here
, an Iranian artist who received her master’s degree in painting from Tehran Art University in 2007. She started her professional career in 2003 as a graphic designer and illustrator, when she was still in college .
She received the first award in book illustration “Scientific and Cultural annual festival” in 2007.
Her technique in painting and illustration shifted to simplifying influenced by forms and motifs from primitive art. In a simple word, to Nahid kazemi
painting is an “imagery literature” to , a connection between the words and forms. And graphic is a way to simplifying her scheme and concept. Such a procedure has an important role in creating a better connection with her audiences.
Illustrated more than 60 books for children, holding 30 group and solo exhibitions in Iran, France, Italy, England, Lebanon and Belgrade, teaching art and working with publishetrs such as “Tiny owl” and “Sanje” are parts of Nahid Kazemi’s Art resume .
Here you see a selection of her illustrations:
From Diary of An Author Giraffe Settlement
Autumn Winds, Spring Winds
Ghech and Ghech, I AM A Tailor
He Comes Back in the Rain
To visit our bookstore please click here.
More to read about Nahid Kazemi:
- Read an interview with her here
- I saw the actual Orange House! The story behind the creation of The Orange House.Link
More to read about Alive Again:
- A review by Jill Bennett. Here.
- There is always hope. A blog post. Here
- Introducing global children’s literature. Here
- Poetic side of Tiny Owl Publishing. Here.
- A review of this book by Jill Bennett, here.
- An interview with Nahid Kazemi, illustrator & author of this book, here.
- A review by Parents in Touch, here.
- A review by Read it Daddy. here.
- A review by Let Them Be Small, here.
- A review by Outside In World. here.
- I saw the actual Orange House. Here