- Written by Pippa Goodhart
- llustrated by Ehsan Abdollahi
- October 2016
- Hardback | 28 pages
- 250mm x 250mm
- £12.99 (discounts may apply)
A new fable that goes full circle as it explores the value of possessions against values of friendship and fun.
There was once a big mountain. The people on one side were rich and worked only in order to get even richer. The people on the other side of the mountain were poor in possessions but had a wealth of stories and laughter.
One day a poor young boy decides to seek a new story and this leads him to the rich people’s market place. He would love one of the ripe pieces of fruit, but what can a poor boy trade?
Find out if it is possible to bottle and share joy and happiness in this timeless tale with a fairytale feel, exquisitely illustrated in eye-opening and unusual style.
Pippa Goodhart is the author of over a hundred children’s books, including prize- winning picture book You Choose, and the Winnie the Witch storybooks which she writes under the pen name of Laura Owen. She trained as a teacher, and worked for many years in bookselling before becoming a mother and a writer. http://www.pippagoodhart.co.uk/ @pippagoodhart
Ehsan Abdollahi has worked as an illustrator of children’s picture books as well as magazines and newspapers. He also makes animations and teaches illustrating in the university. He loves to create illustrations with watercolour. Ehsan says when he was working on this book he was living in the Southern part of Iran (where he was born), and was inspired by the environment, fabrics and clothes of the people of that region to use sharp colours and rich patterns in his illustrations. Ehsan has also illustrated When I Coloured in the World, published by Tiny Owl.
Available to buy here
For signed books please email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject to availability)
Limited prints as gifts for any occasion. Link
More about A Bottle of Happiness:
- A Bottle of Happiness among the best books of the year by the Sunday Times. Link
- A Bottle of Happiness among Books for Keeps Christmas Gift list. Link
- Read it again! A blog post by Pippa Goodhart. Link
- Food for Thought. A review by Jill Bennett. Link
- Our exciting new title. A Blog post. Link
- Open your minds to different ways of seeing the world! An interview with Pippa Goodhart. Link
- A child’s language is an international language. An interview with the illustrator.Link
- An environment of creativity and diverse thinking by A Bottle of Happiness at North Kensington Library.
- Stunningly original and beautifully presented. A review by read it Daddy. Link
- The illustrations are wonderful. A review by North Somerset teachers Book Award. Link
- Visually beautiful – perfect for your coffee table or your bookshelf – Armadillo Magazine. Link
- Building bridges through picture books. By Pippa Goodhart. Link
- Happy memory of storytime. A blog post by Pippa Goodhart
- Happiness is more precious than possessions. a review by IBBYLink
- A review by the School Library Association: Bring out an artistic side in children
- A blog by Porirua Children’s Books Librarians, New Zealand
- Blogs here and here: Wonderful events at Greenwich Book Festival
- A Bottle of Happiness chosen for Empathy Day
- A poster of this book is now available to download
- Video: Tiny Owl at Hay Festival
- Video: Tiny Owl at Greenwich Book Festival